Ofwat does not generally deal with individual consumer complaints or enquiries. If you do have a complaint about the provision of water and/or sewerage services that you are receiving from your water and/or sewerage company, you should follow the process below.


Contacting the Consumer Council for Water

You can find out how to contact the Consumer Council for Water by visiting their website at

Contacting WATRS

WATRS is a voluntary alternative dispute resolution scheme to help address the very small number of customer complaints that remain unresolved. WATRS is designed to provide an independent, impartial and easy to use alternative to going to Court or a Tribunal.

You can make an application, free of charge, via WATRS website or you can ask for an application form to be sent to you [email protected]. Guidance notes are available on the website or you can ask for a copy to be sent to you by telephoning 0207 520 3801. Their address

Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution
International Dispute Resolution Centre
70 Fleet Street

Complaint about Ofwat

If you are unhappy about the way we have dealt with your enquiry or complaint we would like the opportunity to put it right. You should contact [email protected] in the first instance. Find out about making a complaint about Ofwat in unhappy with our service?

If you are unhappy with a policy decision we have made you should email [email protected].