On Thursday 15 March Ofwat held a workshop where companies were invited to discuss how totex and outcomes were helping the sector lower costs.
The workshop presented initial findings by KPMG and Aqua Consultants exploring how totex and outcomes are helping companies become more efficient. They noted evidence from companies shows that where companies use totex and outcomes to take alternative approaches they typically save a third of costs compared to more traditional methods. Looking forward, a broad range of evidence suggests that water companies could cut costs significantly by 2025.
We are inviting companies to provide comments on KPMG and Aqua Consultant’s analysis.
- KPMG and Aqua Consultant’s analysis
- Opening speech from David Black
- Slides from Severn Trent – Putting a bike on a boat
- Slides from United Utilities – Innovating to benefit from totex and outcomes
- Slides from Servelec – Innovation and efficiency gains from the totex and outcomes framework
Please provide any comments to email@example.com by Thursday 29 March to enable KPMG and Aqua Consultants to take them into account when finalising their report.