Time to act, together
Time to act, together: Ofwat’s strategy sets out our ambition for the water sector: providing the very best service for customers, improving the environment and improving life through water, both now and in the future – and the role we will play in achieving it.
Our strategy sets out our three strategic goals:
- To transform water companies’ performance for customers
- To drive water companies to meet long-term challenges through increased collaboration and partnerships
- For water companies to serve a wider public purpose, delivering more for customers, society and the environment.
Over the course of a year we have spent our time listening. We reached out to more than 2,000 people with an interest in the water sector and had face-to-face conversations with more than 250 organisations and members of the public as we developed our strategy. Those conversations have guided our thinking and shaped this strategy.
View the feedback we received and how it shaped our strategy.
The responses to our draft strategy, published in May 2019, are all available.
What customers need
We have heard from members of the public how water is critical to every aspect of life. Through our conversations, we have identified what people want most from the water sector:
- reliable, resilient, safe and good quality water and wastewater services for everyone;
- water companies to leave the environment in a better condition for our grandchildren;
- value for money, keeping water affordable even for those on low incomes; and
- for water companies to act in the long-term interests of society and the environment while still providing the very best service for customers today.
All our work set out in this strategy will meet one or more of these needs. We will report clearly and regularly on what we have achieved so everyone can track our progress.