This is a consultation on a range of econometric cost assessment models for the 2019 price review (PR19) for water and wastewater companies in England and Wales.
In December 2017 we published our methodology for PR19. We set out in our methodology that an important element of our approach to cost assessment is the development of econometric models. We use econometric models to carry out a comparative efficiency assessment of the sector. This assessment plays a key role in setting an efficient level of expenditure for water companies.
This consultation includes models proposed by us as well as models proposed by water companies.
Alongside this consultation we publish a report we have commissioned from CEPA Ltd on econometric models for wholesale water and wastewater controls. This consultation includes some of the models proposed by CEPA.
The closing date for the consultation is 4 May 2018. Please email responses to [email protected].
- Appendix 1 - Modelling results PDF 2.48 MB
- Appendix 1a - Supplementary charts for models in appendix 1 XLSX 776.01 KB
- Consultation response sheet XLSX 40.87 KB
- Ofwat stata master wholesale water XLSX 465.7 KB
- Ofwat stata master wholesale wastewater XLSX 414.88 KB
- Ofwat retail data XLSX 238.89 KB
- Ofwat enhancement waste dataset XLSX 731.8 KB
- Ofwat enhancement water dataset XLSX 614.61 KB
- CEPA cost assessment report PDF 1.93 MB
- CEPA Wastewater Botex Baseline Results XLSX 722.46 KB
- CEPA Wastewater Botex Plus Baseline Results XLSX 638.94 KB
- CEPA Water Botex Baseline Results XLSX 645.59 KB
- CEPA Water Botex Plus Baseline Results XLSX 772.31 KB
- NWT Reckon Models for retail cost assessment PDF 3.31 MB
- SVT Jacobs Wastewater cost drivers report PDF 4.98 MB
- SVT Reckon Review of Severn Trent wastewater modelling PDF 955.31 KB
- SVT Severn Trent water cost modelling framework PDF 345.81 KB
- BRL NERA Wholesale Water Cost Model Report PDF 1.78 MB