On the 18 July 2016, we published our emerging findings on the costs and benefits of introducing competition to residential customers in England. We also sought respondents’ views on:
- our assessment of qualitative factors, including views on how we might quantify those factors
- additional evidence from stakeholders which could be incorporated into our analysis
- the assumptions needed to undertake a rigorous distributional analysis
- the factors that it would be helpful for the distributional analysis to address
- any evidence which could be provided to support this analysis
In line with the key principles and objectives outlined in our terms of reference for the review, we also welcomed responses from stakeholders on any part of our analysis ahead of producing our final report to government.
In this summary document we outline the:
- responses to our consultation questions
- key issues that stakeholders have raised in response to our emerging findings
We also list the individual responses received.