Ofwat maintains a register for the purposes of section 195 of the Water Industry Act 1991 that includes information including water company licences (formally referred to as the appointments of companies as statutory water undertakers and sewerage undertakers).
This page sets out:
- the times at which the contents of the register are available for inspection by the public; and
- the fees that must be paid for, or in connection with, any inspection or the supply by Ofwat of a certified copy of, or extract from, the contents of the register.
Much of the information held on our register is freely available online, including:
- water company licences
- price review determinations
- details of formal enforcement action (including financial penalties)
- the project specification and preparatory works notices for the Thames Tideway Tunnel
- information about individual agreements entered into by water companies (the special agreements register)
Other information may be available free of charge on request.
The contents of the register will be available for inspection at Ofwat’s office in Centre City Tower, 7 Hill Street, Birmingham B5 4UA between 9.30am and 1pm and 2pm and 4.30pm on Monday to Friday of each week except when the office is closed on public or other holidays or by reason of an emergency or industrial action.
The fees payable for an inspection of the contents of the register are:
- where an appointment has been arranged at least 24 hours in advance: £0
- in all other cases: £20.
Certified copies or extracts
The fee payable for a certified copy of, or extract from, the contents of any part of the register is a fee calculated as follows:
- £20 for any number of pages of the copy or extract supplied up to and including twenty pages and 50 pence for each additional page, and
- and where the contents of the register are larger than A3 size, the actual costs incurred by Ofwat (including VAT where applicable) in arranging for a copy or copies to be made by an external printing service (including the cost of transporting the relevant contents of the register to and from the external printing service)