You can find out here about the procurement processes we follow when purchasing goods and services from suppliers.
In making purchasing decisions, we comply with the legal and policy framework that governs public sector procurement, and seek to follow best practice. Contract managers manage all of our purchasing, supported by a professional procurement function.
As a central government body, Ofwat is mandated to bank through the Government Banking Service (GBS). We do not hold any contracts directly for these services as we are not able to hold a local business bank account independently. The GBS contract directly with financial institutions to be able to provide the service to the public sector. View more information here or contact the GBS directly for contracting details.
Audit Services (Financial)
Ofwat has procured the services of Grant Thornton until 31/03/2018. For further information on Ofwat contracts please visit Contract Finder.
Ofwat does not hold any contracts of this nature.
Card Processing Services
Ofwat uses Government Procurement Cards. View further information on our expenditure.
You can view our live contracts here.
We do not operate any merchant services as our revenue streams do not require this service.
As part of our commitment to transparency we publish the following information about Ofwat:
- Expenditure transactions over £25000 since April 2010
- Government procurement card (GPC) logs over £250 since April 2013
- Senior managers and non-executive directors expenses since April 2009
- Senior salaries and organisation chart as of September 2017
- Workforce management information since April 2012* (data was previously published by Defra)
- Payment performance
- Hospitality register 2017-18
- Hospitality register 2018-19
- Hospitality register 2019-20
Annual report and accounts
You may also be interested in our forward programme and our annual report and resource accounts. These contain information about the work we are planning to do, the work we have done and our financial accounts. We are required to publish these by law.