Board agrees transitional arrangements
Ofwat’s board has begun the process to recruit a new Chief Executive, following the resignation of Chief Executive Regina Finn. The Board has agreed transitional arrangements to provide continuity and accountability during the next phase of the water industry price review.
Regina Finn will continue to lead and finalise Ofwat’s methodology and business plan requirements over coming months. Once these are complete, Sonia Brown will take on the direct lead responsibility for the delivery of the five-yearly price review.
Other changes agreed by the Board include releasing Sonia Brown from her casework responsibilities. Regina Finn will lead a review of Ofwat’s strategically important casework programme.
Senior Director of Finance and Networks Keith Mason will retain responsibility for the Thames Tideway, the work on Board leadership and governance in the sector, and his duties in finance, networks and regulatory compliance. He will continue to be substantially involved in the price review. Director of Strategy Andrew Beaver will take on responsibility for the Open Water programme.
Ofwat chairman Jonson Cox said:
“The delivery of a successful price review is Ofwat’s highest immediate priority. The appointment of Sonia shows our commitment to the price review process and confidence in the current executive team”
“I would like to thank Regina, Sonia and Keith for their contribution and commitment to the plans for a smooth and effective transition. I thank all colleagues in Ofwat for their cooperation and support through this time of change and also colleagues in the industry who have expressed their support to us through this process of transition”.
Notes to editors
- Chief executive Regina Finn announced on 15 May that she intends to step down from her position in November 2013.
- The chief executive vacancy is advertised on the Ofwat website: https://www.ofwat.gov.uk/jobs/
- Sonia Brown’s new title will be Chief Regulation Officer.
- Senior Director of Finance and Networks Keith Mason will retain responsibility for the Thames Tideway, Company Board leadership and governance work and his duties in finance, networks and regulatory compliance.
- Recruitment will commence shortly of a third board level senior director to lead consumer and casework in the longer term.