We are committed to transparency and ensuring stakeholders are able to engage with the RAPID gated process.
Below are links to some of the key information regarding the RAPID programme:
The RAPID gated process
Our guidance sets out our expectation that at all times, companies will seek to be transparent with customers and stakeholders regarding the solutions.
It is also explains how the gated process interacts with the regional planning and statutory company-level water resource management plan (WRMP) processes and with planning and environmental consenting processes.
The timetable for the gated process
Accelerated gate one
View the solution submissions, solution schematics, the draft decisions, and the final decisions for accelerated gate one.
Accelerated gate two and the new solutions at gate one
View the solution submissions, solution schematic maps, the draft decisions, and the final decisions for accelerated gate two and the new solutions at gate one.
View information about gate two.
How can stakeholders get involved?
Stakeholders can get involved in the development of solutions in different ways:
- Make a representation on any of the decisions made through the RAPID gated process.
- Respond to the consultation on regional water resources plan. Emerging regional plans were published for consultation by regional co-ordination groups in January 2022. They will consult further in Autumn 2022. Find your regional co-ordination group.
- Respond to consultations on water company water resources management plans, which will be published by companies in Autumn 2022.
- Contact water companies about solutions that could affect your area. Find out who supplies your water and sewerage services.
- Get involved in consultations on planning or environmental consents for any of the schemes.