Ofwat (the Water Services Regulation Authority) is the economic regulator of the water and wastewater sector in England and Wales. Our role is to help it build trust and confidence with customers, the environment and wider society. Ofwat has an ambitious new strategy and as a regulator we are setting ourselves up to achieve and equal the ambition of this new strategy. It matters to us that things on the ground really change so that our impact on customers, the environment and the future of water is tangible and meaningful.
Our work is high-profile and fast-moving, within a dynamic and agile environment. The work that you’ll be involved in every day will be about helping us to deliver our strategy, helping to us to be the regulator we want to be and helping the sector to deliver outcomes that matter to customers and society. Our strategy sets out the role Ofwat will play. We will adapt, be confident, act with purpose and integrity and continuously improve so that we make the greatest contribution possible to improving life through water.
This is a new role for Ofwat and will sit within our Corporate Enablers Cluster as part of Continuous Improvement within the IT Hub. It is essential that we build a partnership role between IT and the rest of the organisation being that proactive service gatekeeper for the portfolio of application services working with Product and Service owners across the organisation to manage and improve the applications they use.
We’re looking for an experienced IT Service Manager responsible for the day-to-day operation and provision of a portfolio of Application Services within the business, with a focus on ensuring they are delivered in a structured, well organised, controlled, and efficient manner with a focus on continuous improvement.
We are ideally looking for someone who has worked within a busy and sometimes challenging environment and subsequently has the right skills to work as part of the wider IT team, business stakeholders being that proactive gatekeeper for our services and suppliers both internal and external.
As the Applications Service Delivery Manager, you will manage and act as the internal Ofwat focal point for all matters relating to the scope of services assigned and will have a full grasp of all of the components of those services.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Service Manager to cultivate their career and gain a deeper understanding of leading a portfolio of IT services including managing third party suppliers and vendors, liaising regularly with your key business stakeholders and working closely with the IT team.
• Responsible for a portfolio of Application Services taking overall responsibility for the day-to-day operation of these application services, ensuring that the appropriate service levels are maintained, and the services are aligned to user needs.
• Build a strong understanding how the services affect the business, developing key stakeholder relationships to proactively improve the resolution of issues from a technical standpoint and to identify improvements.
• Ensure all supplier partners and internal teams understand the business impact of the services, IT SLA targets and OLA`s in place and strive towards consistent achievement through strong supplier governance.
• Build a culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining internal operations with all teams ensuring added value to our business and meeting customer needs. Using quantitative and qualitative data from users to turn their business queries into IT based requirements.
• Deputise for the Head of Service Delivery where necessary.
• Ensure that services are effectively transitioned to support teams from change/project teams.
• Undertake regular service reviews searching for improvement of service practices developing plans for future improvements to the services, in line with business expectations, ensuring SLA’s are met and appropriately set to the required performance and security levels.
• Ensure application services are delivered to a consistently high standard, in line with ITIL principles and meeting agreed SLAs and KPI standards.
• Take ownership of ITIL Service Management, Service review and reporting, IT service transition, process improvement and service performance improvement for the portfolio of services.
• Own and manage the process behind major incident management and resolution for the application portfolio and work alongside other ITIL processes as defined by the IT Team.
• Responsible for service roadmaps for the applications within the portfolio working with suppliers and the business to review for relevancy and matching with business needs keeping the service catalogue up to date.
• Lead and deliver on Service Improvement projects as defined from the service roadmaps.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Changing and Improving
- Managing a Quality Service
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
Come and take a look, we offer a substantial benefits package including 25 days holiday plus 10 ½ bank holiday and privilege leave days per annum, a fantastic & highly competitive civil service pension scheme, among many other benefits.
A truly flexible, autonomous and trust based working culture is on offer to help you succeed within Ofwat.
Please apply online here at Civil Service Jobs.
Please ensure that you have outlined how your skills and experience meet the criteria set out in the professional requirements section of the role profile.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 27 October at 5pm.