Our work is high-profile and fast-moving, within a dynamic and agile environment. The work that you’ll be involved in every day will be about helping us to deliver our strategy, helping to us to be the regulator we want to be and helping the sector to deliver outcomes that matter to customers and society. Our strategy sets out the role Ofwat will play. We will adapt, be confident, act with purpose and integrity and continuously improve so that we make the greatest contribution possible to improving life through water.
• Advocate and apply high quality standards in all research projects, including design of robust methodologies for research.
• Develop, commission and manage large-scale contracts for research.
• Utilise a range of techniques – quantitative and qualitative – for customer research and understanding.
• Establish effective working relationships with Ofwat colleagues, research leads at water companies and CCW (and other external parties, as required.)
• Provide data and insight to colleagues working in ‘PR24 and beyond’ to support policy development and decision making.
• Lead the way in ensuring all research looks beyond the average customer – reflecting the diverse experiences, perspectives and make-up of the communities we serve.
• Strong understanding of range of research methodologies.
• Proven experience in developing, commissioning and analysing research and insight, using a range of different quantitative and qualitative techniques
• Proven experience of developing and delivering a programme of research, including commissioning and managing large-scale research projects
• Collaborative approach to building relationships and working in partnership with colleagues internally and externally
• Proven understanding of the need for research to take account of the needs of diverse customer groups and communities and different ideas and perspectives.
• Experience of working alongside colleagues in virtual and dynamic project teams, within complex governance arrangements
• Experience of communicating the outputs and outcomes from research in ways that are relevant to different audiences
• Knowledge of how to communicate key findings and insight in ways that are relevant and accessible for internal and external audiences
• Skilled to use research and insight to drive cultural change within the organisation/sector and ensure stakeholders put consumers at the heart of their planning and strategic thinking.
• Ability to manage budgets effectively
• Ability to provide advice and guidance on ethical issues in research as appropriate
• Delivering at Pace
• High standards for all outputs
• Communicating and Influencing – to all levels on contacts
• Dealing with complexity and uncertainty
• Developing Self and Others
• Working Together
• Making Effective decisions
Come and take a look, we offer a substantial benefits package including 25 days holiday plus 10 ½ bank holiday and privilege leave days per annum, a fantastic & highly competitive civil service pension scheme, among many other benefits.
A truly flexible, autonomous and trust based working culture is on offer to help you succeed within Ofwat.
Please apply online here at Civil Service Jobs
Please ensure that you have outlined how your skills and experience meet the criteria set out in the professional requirements section of the role profile.
The closing date for applications is 9 August, 23:59.