Our work is high-profile and fast-moving, within a dynamic and agile environment. The work that you’ll be involved in every day will be about helping us to deliver our strategy, helping to us to be the regulator we want to be and helping the sector to deliver outcomes that matter to customers and society. Our strategy sets out the role Ofwat will play. We will adapt, be confident, act with purpose and integrity and continuously improve so that we make the greatest contribution possible to improving life through water.
• Be a key member of and support to the wider Governance team and play a leading role in shaping the development of and continuous improvement in Ofwat’s systems and culture, including risk management, portfolio reporting and other governance activities; and
• Help to drive and improve the maturity in our project and programme management, corporate planning, provide a centre of excellence in programme and project management, and provide portfolio and project management (PPM) support to Clusters [directorates] as required.
You will play a key role in helping to take the governance framework within Ofwat to the next level of maturity. You will be responsible for a broad portfolio of areas, including risk management and assurance, and portfolio planning, providing broader support in the discharge of Board Secretariat and wider corporate governance responsibilities as the need arises. You will support in a range of work areas and procedures, taking responsibility and accountability for their success. You will be expected to have good judgement and to exercise it across complex issues responsibly in line with our strategy and ways of working.
• To act as an effective member of the PPM profession providing leadership and embedded support. This will require:
o flexible, responsive, pro-active and customer-focused support to Clusters and teams;
o the ability to balance this with ensuring Ofwat remains compliant with its own governance processes, principles of good governance and central rules and requirements;
o the ability to work effectively as part of the profession to evaluate the level and quality of service provided and work together to identify ways to enhance this
• To strongly contribute to shaping Ofwat’s wider governance systems, designing, developing and embedding new systems, processes and tools that enable Ofwat to successfully achieve its objectives. This work would cover risk management, programme and project management, business planning and governance.
• To act as a champion and role model for governance and PPM across Ofwat, combining specialist expertise with high quality, visible governance support and programme management. To influence behaviour and embed a positive culture combining effective governance, programme management, planning and assurance.
• To provide high quality advice and coaching to teams and colleagues on governance, risk management and PPM, actively contributing to Ofwat strategy development, policies and projects.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Changing and Improving
- Managing a Quality Service
Come and take a look, we offer a substantial benefits package including 25 days holiday plus 10 ½ bank holiday and privilege leave days per annum, a fantastic & highly competitive civil service pension scheme, among many other benefits.
A truly flexible, autonomous and trust based working culture is on offer to help you succeed within Ofwat.
Please apply online here at Civil Service Jobs.
Please ensure that you have outlined how your skills and experience meet the criteria set out in the professional requirements section of the role profile.
The closing date for applications is Friday 10 December 2021 at 5pm.