If you’re affected by any of the issues being talked about, below are some organisations you can contact for support.
Help with my bills
If you are struggling to pay your water bill, please speak to your water company to see how they can help. Many of the water companies will have options to help you if you are struggling or unable to pay your water bills.
- You can find out who your water company is and their contact details, by entering your postcode on the Water UK website.
- CCW are the independent voice for water consumers in England and Wales. They have information on their website about what financial support is available including:
- Information about grants that may be available for people in water debt and other financial difficulties;
- How to contact your water company if you are struggling to pay bills; and
- Help that is available for people on benefits.
Help with money
- The Money Advice Service has information about debt management and offers free and impartial money advice.
- Citizens Advice can offer advice and guidance on debt issues.
- CCW also have a list of other organisations that can help those struggling to pay bills on their website.
Help with mental health
- NHS Choices offers information and support for mental health.
- Mind are a charity that offer advice and support to anyone experiencing a mental health problem. You can find information on their website including practical tips on managing your money and improving your mental health.
- The Mental Health Foundation are a charity offering support and guidance to those with mental health issues.