In April 2012 we held a catchment management workshop for water companies. The workshop followed on from our conference ‘Protecting Water Catchments from Diffuse Pollution – the Emerging Evidence’ held in February 2012.
The workshop was an opportunity for us to engage directly with companies and listen to their views and approaches on catchment management. In particular, about the emerging benefits of catchment management and how companies are economically evaluating them. This will inform the development of our methodology for the next price review.
Some of the topics that the workshop covered include the following.
- Quantifying the Benefits of Catchment Management: The UKWIR Framework.
- How to present the economic case for catchment management.
- How to engage customers.
You can find the slides from the day, and notes on the two breakout sessions, below. If you would like to share your views on catchment management you can email [email protected].
Catchment management workshop notes
- Introduction Ofwat
- Catchment management and the next price review Ofwat
- ‘Upstream Thinking’ – business redesign for sustainability South West Water
- Catchment management initiatives and quantified benefits Wessex Water
- Quantifying the Benefits of Catchment Management: The UKWIR Framework WRc
- Catchment CBA Case Study – Longdendale United Utilities
- Customer engagement on catchment management in Essex & Suffolk Northumbrian Water