Customers of water and sewerage companies deserve excellent service at a fair price. But most customers in England and Wales are unable to choose their suppler and have to receive their services from one or more monopoly suppliers. So it our role is to protect the interests of current and future customers.
Following extensive engagement with our stakeholders, we are now setting out our final approach to setting price controls for 2015-20. This also includes:
- our expectations for the information each water company should include in its business plan, setting out its proposals for the next five years
- how we will review and challenge those plans
Updated Price Limits Impact Assessment, PriceWaterhouseCoopers 2013
- Cost of capital for PR14: Methodological considerations, PriceWaterhouseCoopers July 2013
- Economic assumptions for PR14 risk analysis, PriceWaterhouseCoopers July 2013
- Setting price controls for 2015-20 – framework and approach A consultation
- Responses to Setting price controls for 2015-20 – framework and approach
- Setting price controls for 2015-20 – business planning expectations A consultation
- Responses to Setting price controls for 2015-20 – business planning expectations
- Setting price controls for 2015-20 – delivery plan
Methodology and business planning briefing sessions
We held workshops with key stakeholders to explain our methodology and expectations of companies’ business plans. Summaries of the questions and answers raised at the workshops are available below.