- To identify issues which impede or prevent regional level co-operation and trading.
- To determine which of these can be addressed rapidly as they are consistent with current operating structures and regulatory approaches, and also to identify those which may justify investigating regulatory changes.
- To agree a shared approach to the identification, specification and categorisation of barriers.
- In collaboration with RAPID staff and informed by Baringa/Mott research project, the group will help RAPID to formulate proposals for consultation in November will focus primarily on issues which can be addressed in the current planned lifespan of RAPID.
- “Triage” of issues to identify those which are both significant and have the scope for progress.
- Will be both informed by the emerging thinking of the other working groups, and inform the other working groups as appropriate.
- Will consider: barriers to efficient operation, Capacity Utilisation. Resilience and differences between normal operation and extremes. Trade and drought planning. Is there a need for system operator(s). How do English and Welsh water systems interact. Multi-sectoral challenges.
Chair – RAPID
Severn Trent Water