RAPID’s role in the gated process (working with the partner regulators and Natural Resources Wales) is to assess the progress made in development of each solution and to provide advice and recommendations to enable Ofwat to make decisions on continued funding for progression of the solutions.
The following decisions will be made at gate one:
- whether solution and options within it should progress to gate two;
- applying incentives and allowable costs;
- whether alternative and/ or additional solutions should enter the process;
- and what is required for gate two submissions.
Gate one proposed solutions:
View all of the RAPID schematics for gate one.
* This is a new solution
- Letter from Rob Bromley in May 2022 to RAPID regarding Thames Water request to remove a sub-option from the London Effluent Reuse, and RAPID’s response letter.
- RAPID’s September 2022 response to the ‘Thames Water to Affinity Water Transfer (T2AT) SRO request for additional funding for Gate 2 and beyond‘ letter sent to RAPID from Thames Water and Affinity Water in May 2022. This letter and their update letter sent to RAPID in October 2022 have been published on the Thames Water website.
Ofwat wrote to each of the water companies below to communicate its decisions: