- regional companies provide both water and sewerage services.
- regional companies providing water services only.
- local companies providing either water or sewerage services or both.
- water supply licensees offering water and sewerage services to large use non-household customers who can access competition.
- water supply and sewerage licensees that will offer water and sewerage services to eligible business customers from April 2017.
- infrastructure providers delivering large infrastructure projects.
The majority of customers are served by monopoly suppliers for their water and sewerage services. Your bill should tell you which company supplies your water and sewerage services. Find out more about which water company serves your area.
You may receive your water supply from one company and your sewerage services from another. This means that you may get two separate bills.
From April 2017, water and sewerage supply licensees will offer water and wastewater retail services to eligible non-household customers mainly in England.