Customer assistance


Your water company can help you if you are worried about paying your water bills. Contact them as soon as possible to see what help they can offer.

CCW provides more details on the different types of help available, including:

  • Social tariffs – all water companies offer a social tariff for eligible customers that reduces water bills.
  • The WaterSure scheme – this scheme is available for certain customers with a water meter and allows bills to be capped.

There are also other ways you may be able to reduce your water bills.

You can also sign up to a Priority Services Register (PSR) to receive free extra help from your water company. This could be for many reasons such as an illness, disability, health condition or extra communication needs; you can also register if you need short-term support. Please contact your company to see if you are eligible for extra help.

Cost of living support

If you’re worried about paying your water bill, you can reduce the worry by following these four steps: Tips for easing water bill worry.

The UK Government have information that explains what support is available to help with the cost of living. This includes income and disability benefits, bills and allowances, childcare, housing and travel.

Further help

If you are worried about paying your essential bills in general, there are other organisations that can offer help and free debt advice, including:

Citizens Advice

Money Helper

National Debt line

Step Change

Contact CCW for more information on organisations that can help if you are struggling to pay your bill.