Our forward programme sets out what we will deliver in the next year.
Our key aim is for the water sector to provide the very best service to customers, improve the environment and improve life through water both now and in the future and this is reflected in our forward programme for the financial year 2022-23 which outlines how we will continue to meet our three strategic goals:
- To transform water companies’ performance
- To drive water companies to meet long-term challenges through increased collaboration and partnerships
- For water companies to provide greater public value, delivering more for customers, society and the environment
with the following themes expected to remain important throughout the rest of this price control period and looking to PR24 and beyond:
- Customer outcomes
- Major infrastructure
- Open data
- Collaboration with regulatory partners
We will continue to do all we can to achieve our ambitions and to make strides in transforming both the industry and ourselves as a regulator.
Following the feedback received during the consultation period, we have made some adjustments in the final version of our forward programme for 2022-23 and comment on two other points raised below:
- Within the RAPID programme, we have made some adjustments to milestones to accurately reflect the recently published gate two guidance and accelerated gate two draft decisions.
- We have removed reference to the development of changes to the regulatory framework to enable new connection charging rules to come into effect for Welsh companies. This is because it requires the commencement of legislation, and we are awaiting confirmation from the Welsh Government on its approach.
- While we plan to review companies’ latest climate change adaptation reports to better understand and assess the sector’s climate change resilience and preparedness, we have yet to decide on the precise timing for our next steps. We recognise the important links with companies’ plans and long-term delivery strategies, and will keep companies up-to-date as we finalise our next steps.
- Several comments related specifically to the PR24 programme, particularly around greater clarity of requirements and communications. These will be addressed through the draft methodology and related publications.
Download the 2022-23 draft forward programme: