Our forward programme sets out what we will deliver in the next year.
We would like to thank all those that responded to our draft forward programme consultation, which we published in February. Since the consultation, the following substantive changes have been made to the forward programme:
- updates to the strategic priorities to better reflect Ofwat’s strategic approach to 2018-19-2019-20;
- changes to our programme and hub structure to reflect the recent reshaping exercise we have completed (also resulting in some of the milestones moving under different programmes);
- the addition in quarter 1 of a milestone on the work we are undertaking in response to the freeze and thaw of February and March 2018;
- the addition in quarter 1 of a milestone on the work we are undertaking with the sector, and wider society, to understand perceptions and priorities for the sector;
- the addition in quarter 2 of a milestone on concluding the first phase of our strategy review; and
- the removal in quarter 2 of the milestone ‘carry out an in-depth review of a particular aspect of either companies’ performance, how they operate or their reporting’;
- the addition in quarter 3 of a milestone on publishing guidance to appointed companies in preparing their annual performance report for 2018-19; and
- the removal in quarter 4 of the milestone ‘consult on our guidance to appointed companies in preparing their annual performance report for 2019-20’.
Download the 2018-19 forward programme.
We also report how our work aligns with the priorities of the UK and Welsh Governments in their respective strategic guidance to us. And how we plan to reduce regulatory burdens through our work.