Ofwat (the Water Services Regulation Authority) is the economic regulator of the water and wastewater sector in England and Wales. Our role is to help it build trust and confidence with customers, the environment and wider society. Ofwat has an ambitious new strategy and as a regulator we are setting ourselves up to achieve and equal the ambition of this new strategy. It matters to us that things on the ground really change so that our impact on customers, the environment and the future of water is tangible and meaningful.
Our work is high-profile and fast-moving, within a dynamic and agile environment. The work that you’ll be involved in every day will be about helping us to deliver our strategy, helping to us to be the regulator we want to be and helping the sector to deliver outcomes that matter to customers and society. Our strategy sets out the role Ofwat will play. We will adapt, be confident, act with purpose and integrity and continuously improve so that we make the greatest contribution possible to improving life through water.
This is an exciting and demanding role in an organisation that has a clear, purposeful direction, an appetite for creativity in the People agenda from top to bottom and a desire to move at pace to achieve that.
As an Associate you will be working at pace in supporting the People Hub in operational and Organisation Development delivery, playing a key role in one or more of our programmes or projects in line with our ambitious People strategy. You will have autonomy, responsibility as well as ample opportunities to develop and consolidate your skill set.
The People Hub is part of the Corporate Enablers cluster who are at the heart of enabling Ofwat to deliver its exciting new strategy – to transform the water sector for customers, the environment and society.
Whether you work in People, Finance, IT, Facilities, Business Support or our Continuous Improvement team – we work as one team, as Agents of Change, to provide the innovation, service and thought leadership that is needed so that Ofwat runs well as an organisation now and transforms further to meet the demands and opportunities of the future.
We want to be at the cutting edge of what support services can achieve and how we can add value to the work of Ofwat. That means us being collaborative, understanding the work we do as a regulator and where we can add value, drawing insight from data and getting out and about to learn from others in the civil service, wider public sector and commercial sector. We want our work to be purposeful, empowering, creative, ambitious and valued. In doing so we want to have fun, encourage autonomy and feel our contribution is meaningful. The role we play is that of trusted advisor, building the relationships that enable us to create solutions, take action and continually improve.
Key deliverables and Responsibilities:
- You will be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision and oversight from senior colleagues.
- You will be able to prioritise your work in a busy environment managing and progressing a high volume of tasks
- You will apply your judgement and be expected to exercise responsibility in line with our strategy and ways of working.
- You will be able to persuasively communicate and engage with stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- You will be expected to proactively provide support to colleagues across the office, sharing ideas and knowledge and suggesting improvements.
- You will be confident and experienced in offering first line support and advice where appropriate in order to resolve queries and issues quickly and efficiently.
- You will provide an excellent customer and candidate experience ensuring individuals are kept informed and queries are replied to promptly and professionally.
- Generalist HR
- Dealing with people related queries and providing first line HR advice and policy guidance to line managers, escalating to a People Partner or Head of HR where necessary
- Administer all people related tasks to include leavers, promotions, Secondments, fixed terms contracts, change of hours etc
- Produce management information and data returns
- Administering pension changes on the system
- Administration and co-ordination of the bonus process
- Manage and maintain the HR system, including setting up new employees, updating and making relevant changes to records
- Support and contribute to people policy and framework development
- Recruitment and onboarding
- Supporting the Talent Partners with recruitment and selection activities from start to finish, including job posting and advertising, processing job applications, arranging interviews, on boarding, completing pre-employment checks and processing of employment contracts
- Preparing payroll actions to send to our outsourced payroll provider, reviewing and reconciling payroll actions after processing and dealing with queries
- Process all purchase orders and invoices for the team
- Organisation Development
- Support the OD Partners with the Leadership and Learning and Development strategy
- Administer activities and answer queries in relation to Leadership and Learning, including maintain records, setting up courses and liaising with suppliers.
To thrive in this role and successfully deliver on the above activities you will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding in the following areas; (full details can be obtained from the Candidate Information Pack on Ofwat’s careers page):
- 5 GCSE’s at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C) or relevant experience demonstrating the ability to grasp technically complex elements of the role
- A minimum of 12 months experience working in a HR Administration role covering more than one specialist area e.g. general HR, recruitment, payroll, on-boarding, OD/L&D, systems administration and metrics
- Demonstrable experience of providing first line advice to Managers in relation to employee relations activity such as absence and family friendly policies and apply judgement when an issue requires escalation to a People Partner
- Previous experience of using and developing a HR system and processes effectively to support HR administration activities
- Previous experience of contributing and supporting policy development
- Proactive, with excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to fully complete work accurately.
- Able to influence and build relationships quickly with a range of stakeholders and maintain professional working relationships at all levels
- Ability to work in a busy, fast paced environment, prioritising tasks while progressing other work.
- Able to demonstrate ownership of tasks through to completion
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to respond to different demands whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
- Able to produce data metrics and general reports using systems and excel to do this efficiently and accurately
- Strong communicator (both verbally and written) with a professional manner.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Outlook, Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
More information is available in our candidate information pack.
Come and take a look, we offer a substantial benefits package including 25 days holiday plus 10 ½ bank holiday and privilege leave days per annum, a fantastic & highly competitive civil service pension scheme, among many other benefits.
A truly flexible, autonomous and trust based working culture is on offer to help you succeed within Ofwat.
Please apply online here at Civil Service Jobs
Please ensure that you have outlined how your skills and experience meet the criteria set out in the professional requirements section of the role profile.
The closing date for applications is 09 March 2021 @ 5.00pm.