Ofwat (the Water Services Regulation Authority) is the economic regulator of the water and wastewater sector in England and Wales. Our role is to help it build trust and confidence with customers, the environment and wider society. Ofwat has an ambitious new strategy and as a regulator we are setting ourselves up to achieve and equal the ambition of this new strategy. It matters to us that things on the ground really change so that our impact on customers, the environment and the future of water is tangible and meaningful.
Our work is high-profile and fast-moving, within a dynamic and agile environment. The work that you’ll be involved in every day will be about helping us to deliver our strategy, helping us to be the regulator we want to be and helping the sector to deliver outcomes that matter to customers and society. Our strategy sets out the role Ofwat will play. We will adapt, be confident, act with purpose and integrity and continuously improve so that we make the greatest contribution possible to improving life through water.
The successful candidates will play an important role in delivering our strategy and will need to be able to respond flexibly to the needs across the organisation. As a Senior Associate Economist numerate ability.
• have sound knowledge of microeconomics and its application to economic regulation;
• have the ability to identify economic or financial issues and develop options in the context of policy development;
• have the to produce high quality analysis to tight timescales;
• be expected to undertake continued self-development to help ensure that Ofwat stays at the forefront of economic thinking.
The key deliverables of the role include:
• leading the delivery of analysis in a specific area of the price control;
• undertaking (or helping to commission) quantitative and qualitative economic analysis to ensure robust policy decisions;
· providing advice across a number of different areas of Ofwat’s work;
• development of improvements to our approach, including wider improvements to our regulatory approach and incentives;
• presentation of policy proposals; and
• drafting key parts of reports and publications to a high standard.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Developing Self and Others
Managing a Quality Service
Come and take a look, we offer a substantial benefits package including 25 days holiday plus 10 ½ bank holiday and privilege leave days per annum, a fantastic & highly competitive civil service pension scheme, among many other benefits.
A truly flexible, autonomous and trust based working culture is on offer to help you succeed within Ofwat.
Please apply online here at Civil Service Jobs
Please ensure that you have outlined how your skills and experience meet the criteria set out in the professional requirements section of the role profile.
The closing date for applications is Monday 20 September, 10am.