As a minimum we expect all companies to provide information to customers about:
- the sensible use of water in the home and garden
- how to conduct a self-audit of household consumption
- the availability of cistern and other water saving devices
- the availability of supply pipe leakage detection/repair
- how to report a leak
- how to get further information
However, we expect companies in areas of water stress to do more than this minimum level.
Contact your water company on the support they can offer. Many water companies offer free or discounted water saving devices. The Consumer Council for Water (CCW) also have links direct to companies websites for free water saving stuff.
Most companies can provide advice to their customers either on their website or on leaflets on how to save water. You can also find more useful tips on how to save water on the Consumer Council for Water’s (CCW) and Waterwise websites.