As a minimum we expect all companies to provide information to customers about:
- the sensible use of water in the home and garden
- how to conduct a self-audit of household consumption
- the availability of cistern and other water saving devices
- the availability of supply pipe leakage detection/repair
- how to report a leak
- how to get further information
However, we expect companies in areas of water stress to do more than this minimum level.
Our good practice register sets out in more detail the water efficiency options that companies should consider when planning their water efficiency activities.
Most companies can provide advice to their customers either on their website or on leaflets on how to save water.