You can find out here about the procurement processes we follow when purchasing goods and services from suppliers.
We buy in goods and services to support our work at our headquarters in Birmingham and our small office in London. This ensures that our staff have the tools necessary to do their jobs effectively – from stationery and office cleaning to professional services such as audit and regulatory support.
The typical things we buy are:
- economic, legal and technical consultancy and professional services
- IT hardware, software and services
- learning and development
- office equipment and supplies
In making purchasing decisions, we comply with the legal and policy framework that governs public sector procurement, and seek to follow best practice. Contract managers manage all of our purchasing, supported by a professional procurement function.
Some important things you may wish to note.
- We do not operate a preferred supplier list. Instead, we acquire goods and services through competition (written quotations or tenders) unless there are compelling reasons not to do so.
- We publish all tenders greater than £10,000.
- We may use framework agreements where appropriate to the purchases being made.
- We do not procure for the water companies, or promote goods and services to them.
- We aim to pay all suppliers within 30 days.
We are working to encourage wider participation in procurement exercises from small and medium enterprises (SMEs). For example, we publicise all opportunities greater than £10,000 widely using the my tenders portal and Contracts Finder.
If you wish to be considered for future contract opportunities please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the services you can provide.