Joint Regulators Group (JRG), which brings together the Heads of the various regulators, usually the Chair or Chief Executive, meets four times a year to discuss issues of mutual concern and to report on recent developments in their own particular sector.
The current members of JRG are:
- Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem)
- Office of Rail Regulation (ORR)
- Postal Services Commission (Postcomm)
- Office of Communications (Ofcom)
- Water Industry Commission for Scotland
- The Utility Regulator
- Office of Fair Trading (OFT)
- Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
OFT attends the regular meetings in recognition of the importance of the interplay between sectoral regulation and general competition policy and because many of the regulators have concurrent powers under the Competition Act 1998.
The secretariat of the JRG is provided by one office for a twelve-month period. The current chair for 2013 is Sarah Harrison, Senior Partner, Sustainable Development, at Ofgem ([email protected]), supported by Philip Cullum, Consumer Partner at Ofgem ([email protected]). The secretariat is provided by Mark Wagstaff, Better Regulation team, Ofgem ([email protected]).