In our 2014 price review, we set separate price controls for 2015-20 on each of the following activities.
- Wholesale water.
- Wholesale wastewater.
- Household retail.
- Non-household retail.
The Water Act 2014 will allow 1.2 million businesses and other non-household customers of providers wholly or mainly in England to choose their supplier of water and wastewater retail services. Retail services include:
- meter reading
- other customer services
The form of the non-household retail price controls was designed to protect customers for the two years ahead of market opening and to provide backstop protection and a comparison point for customers once the market is open.
We reviewed the non-household retail price controls ahead of market opening in April 2017 and have published our PR16 final determinations.
- Business retail price review 2016: Statement of method and data table requirements, 19 May 2016
- PR16 business retail price review: Data tables workshops held on 14 and 15 April
- Draft statement of method and data table requirements: Review of non-household retail price controls, 23 March 2016
- Consultation on the review of non-household retail price controls , 5 November 2015
- Final determinations of price controls 2015-20, 12 December 2014
- Business retail price review 2016: Draft determinations, September 2016
- Business retail price review 2016: Final determinations, 15 December 2016
- Supplementary cap consultation letter, 16 December 2015
- Supplementary cap worksheet, 16 December 2015
- Supplementary cap final decision letter, 22 December 2015
- Supplementary cap worksheet, 22 December 2015