Taking account of protocols during a General Election campaign, Ofwat now intends to publish its final determinations for PR19 at 7am on Monday 16 December 2019.
Water is vital for life – not just for people but for the environment and ecosystem on which we depend. This means that customers in England and Wales feel differently about water to other services: they need to trust that water and wastewater companies are serving the public benefit.
At the same time, customers expect great service, at least comparable to the service they get elsewhere. They expect water and wastewater services to be resilient to both short-term shocks and long-term challenges such as population growth and climate change. And they expect those services to be affordable for all, including those struggling to pay.
The only way water companies will achieve all this, is to find new and better ways of delivering those services. Our 2019 price review enables, incentivises and encourages water companies to achieve exactly that, so that customers will get more of what really matters to them.
- On 18 July, we published our remaining draft determinations for the slow track and significant scrutiny companies
- On 11 April, we published our early draft determinations for the fast track companies
- On 31 January 2019 we published our initial assessment of business plans
- On 3 September 2018 companies' submitted business plans setting out what they propose to deliver. We will assess these in line with our framework and methodology
- Following the outcome of a competitive procurement process, we awarded the delivery partner contract to support our 2019 price review to a consortium led by PwC and including Mott MacDonald and Europe Economics.