There are opportunities for limited companies to provide water and sewerage services or water only services for a defined area in place of the existing appointed water company in that area. Throughout this section, we use the term ‘new appointments’ to refer to both new appointments, and variations of existing appointments as appropriate, unless otherwise specified.
The new appointee will have the same duties and responsibilities and will generally be treated in the same way as all other appointed water companies.
- IN 18/01: Applications for New Appointments and Variations (NAVs) under the “unserved criterion” This information notice provides further clarity about our existing information requirements and assessment of NAV applications submitted to us under the unserved criterion. It does not introduce any new policy but rather offers further guidance to applicants.
- New appointments and variations policy On 29 April 2015 we updated this policy to clarify our position on highway drainage.
- New appointments and variations applications process. This process was updated on December 18 2015.
- Terms of reference for independent professional advisers providing site status reports
- Bulk supply pricing policy principles
- Assessing the financial viability of applications for new appointments and variations
We publish a register of all the new appointments and variations that have been made.
A successful new appointee can serve its new customers either with its own resources or by requesting use of the appointed water company’s assets under a bulk supply agreement.
Granting a new appointment
We must take into account a number of considerations before granting an new appointment. These are outlined below.
Eligibility of sites
We can only appoint a new water company for a defined area in a limited number of circumstances. Find out more about the eligibility of sites.
You must satisfy us that you can finance and carry out the functions of an appointed water company. Find out more about the financial viability requirements.
You will have the same duties and responsibilities as the previous appointed water company for the specified area. Find out more about the obligations of a water company.
Before your appointment is made, you must provide us with evidence of customer support, for example from the developer or any existing customers on the site confirming their consent.
We have a duty of care to customers which means that customers should be no worse off under your company, than under the regional monopoly supplier. Find out more about how we protect customers.
Conditions of appointment
You will generally be treated in the same way as all other appointed water companies, with the same licence. Read about water company licence requirements.
Applying for a new appointment
If you are interested in applying you will need to satisfy us that you are financially, operationally and technically viable. If we decide to recommend you for appointment, a public consultation period of 28 days will follow. Find out more about applying for a new appointment.
If you are interested in becoming a new appointee, please contact our Case Management Office at:firstname.lastname@example.org.